Touched by Olivia Foundation honours Olivia’s memory by creating a legacy that will change people’s lives forever. In her short life, Olivia touched many hearts. It is John and Justine’s hope that Olivia will continue to touch many more lives through the work undertaken by the charity.
The current logo has a simplified font, and includes Olivia’s actual handprints, joined together to form a perfectly imperfect shaped butterfly. Olivia’s hands were not the same – her left hand is malformed as it was her left side that was affected by her disease and highlights the beauty of difference. The butterfly is symbolic of new life. The entire logo is pictured within the shape of an “O”, for Olivia. Pink is the staple colour of the logo forever reminding us of the little baby girl who touched our hearts.
It’s a great honour for our teams to be recognised for their amazing work. Below are some of the awards we have received with gratitude.
- Sustainability Awards 2021 – Resilient Community Award City Of Canada Bay
- Justine Perkins, 100 Women of Influence 2015
- National Disability Awards Inclusive and Accessible Communities 2014
- Parks and Leisure Best Playspace Victoria 2014
- Sydney Greenspace Award 2013
- Premiers People’s Choice Award for Landscape Architecture 2013
- Article 31 – Promotion of play in community 2013
- NSW Volunteer team of the Year 2012
- World Leisure Organisation – International Innovation Award 2011
- Vodafone World of Difference Program Sponsorship 2011
- IPWEA Award for Best Community Facility, 2010
- Best Playspace in Australia 2010, Parks and Leisure Australia
- John Perkins, Father of the Year Inner West 2009
- Community Contribution Inner West Business Awards 2008
- Justine Perkins, Inner West Citizen of The Year 2008